How exactly you do it ?
Basically you do it with the right SEO tools !
What is SEO ?
SEO stands for search Engine Optimisation. SEO helps you to get more organic traffic to your Blog/website by Improving your rank in the Search Engine Results.
In short SEO provide your Website More visibility and better position in Search Results and drives more traffic.
Why is SEO important
As per Google 380 new websites are being created every minute and its only increasing . But you want to stand out in your respective niche right ?
With right SEO tactics you can clear the clutter of competition for your content on web and manage to gain traffic.
Right SEO Support for your hard work
You spend hours Researching before Posting a new content , you create several drafts and modify it until you are satisfied with the content you created. But what if you’re not getting results for your hard work. Thats exactly why you need SEO to support your work
Make your Blog Appear in Google Search Results
Let’s begin the actual process
- How to add your Blog to Google Search Console
- Create Sitemap & Submitting
- Request Indexing
- How to know whether Google indexed your website/Blog.
Google search Console
Google search console is a webmaster tool , that helps you understand whats going on with your blog/website.
1. How to add your Blog to Google Search Console
- Go to Google search console Link
- Click Start now
- Click on Add a property
- You get two methods to add your website , one option is to add your Domain Property if you have multiple sub domains under a single domain , this is the option for you. (Example ,you have sample.com as main domain and sample.blog.com under you main domain , then choose above method)
- Second URL prefix method , here you can provide your single URL of your website. (eg. sampleX.com)
You have to verify your ownership of the particular domain.
1. Html method – Uplod html file to your hosting space in /public_html directory.
2.Domain Provider – copy the text code and go to Domains in your Hosting account OR go to your domain provider website ( if you hosted and purchased domain from same provider eg. GoDaddy) Create a new DNS Txt Record in your Domain manager and paste the code as value.
3.come back to console and click verify in Google search console.
4.Now that you have added your Website in Search console.
2. Sitemap creation & Submitting
Site map is a structured list that tells Google how many pages/paths/url’s are their in your blog and what are the paths and tags present in it. sitemaps helps to Make crawling and Indexing process of Google faster . Checkout more on sitemap and its importance here
Steps to create sitemaps
- Create sitemap using online tools like xml-sitemaps.com
- Enter url of blog and click start
- Download the sitemap.xml file
- Upload the sitemap file to your host directory in /public_html
- Come back to Search Console and Submit sitemap.xml link
- Search console will fetch the pages in your sitemap, hence the crawling process will be much faster.
Crawling and Indexing are the initial actions a search engine performs on a website. Software bot Analyse , Read, copy and store your website Data in specific servers, to use them later for search.
- Go to URL inspection on Search Console
- Add your url
- Request indexing.
Now that the console will initiate indexing process of submitted url
hence your url appear shortly on search results
4. How to know whether Google indexed your website/Blog ?
Once the crawling – Indexing is done , Your site performance will appear on GSC
- In address bar type site:yourdomain.com (xample-site:digipatrol.in)
- If your pages are listed , it means indexing is done if not wait a few days
- That’s it.
Thank you for reading this post. Share this article with friends & Bloggers